* The W6v3’s employ a pole vent to remove heat and pressure from the inside of the speaker. This vent is located around the JL Audio badge at the rear of the speaker. A minimum distance of 0.5 in (13 mm) is required between the back of the speaker and any wall of the enclosure to allow proper operation of the pole vent.
* The enclosure recommendations listed are external dimensions which assume the use of 0.75 in (19 mm) thick material. If you are using 0.625 in (16 mm) thick material, subtract 0.25 in (6) from each dimension. Do not use any material with a thickness of less than 0.625 in (16 mm) as this may compromise the rigidity of the enclosure.
* All enclosure volumes listed are net internal volumes! Box volume displacement, port displacement and brace displacement must be added to obtain the final gross internal volume. All enclosure dimensions listed have already taken this into account.
* When using two subwoofers in a common enclosure simply double the required volume and, in the case of a ported enclosure, use two times the recommended port(s).
* We recommend the use of this speaker in a bi-amplified system using high-quality satellite speakers and amplifiers. We do not recommend the use of this subwoofer with a passive crossover (coil), as this type of device will adversely affect performance.
Prolonged exposure to sound pressure levels in excess of 100dB can cause permanent hearing loss. This high-performance speaker can exceed this level. Please exercise restraint in its operation in order to preserve your ability to enjoy its fidelity.
When installing a subwoofer in your vehicle, it is extremely important to secure the enclosure firmly. We recommend bolting the enclosure through the metal of the floorpan or the frame of the vehicle with large diameter washers for reinforcement. If an enclosure is not firmly attached, it can become a projectile in a collision. This is particularly important in a hatchback, station wagon, sports utility vehicle, or van.